Friday, January 16, 2009

Crying, Emotional and Grateful

Ever since we have been home, we have noticed a change in Kyla. I have debated about putting this on the blog. For me, unfortunately, I use this as my journal too. I have so many emotions right now, mostly emotions of gratitude right now. I can't say that was how I was feeling 5 days ago. We had the opportunity of living in San Diego the past six months. While there Kyla started school. We fell in love with her teacher. She is amazing and Kyla loved her. Since starting here, she has had a difficult struggle with wanting to go to school. She screams and cries and hits me when going to school. She does not even care that her classmates see her react this way.
Sitting in Sacrament on Sunday, our Bishop challenge our ward to be a "Family Scripture Reading" ward. Both Kyle and I knew that the answer to our prayers were being answered through our Bishop. Now that is not to say that we did not know better. I know that reading in the scriptures daily provides us with strength and courage. Kyle and I would read to the children in bed, that was when we did it. Well, we started reading at the dinner table. We always eat dinner together and it worked for the Bishop's family so we decided to try it for ourselves.
I know that family has been praying as have Kyle and I for Kyla to gain some courage and to know that she is going to be okay. Reading in the scriptures, I know, has also helped Kyla as it has helped Kyle and I to know better what to do. In just 5 days, our home has the harmonious spirit of our Father in Heaven and Kyla is doing much better.
I am grateful for the love and prayers of family. Watching the news this morning, about the pilot that landed the plane in the Hudson River, just made me thank Heavenly Father for his loving hand in all things. I am so GRATEFUL that I or a loved one I knew was not on that plane. Seriously, I was crying this morning because I know how lucky we are in all aspects. I don't write this to make anyone feel bad or to get offended, I write this because I know and want to share the wonderful change that has been brought to us. Just by taking our Bishop's challenge, we only read a few verses and then we talk about those verses, our home has changed! All my love to our friends and family.

We took this in San Diego to send to you Tina, but never got it sent! Am I lazy or what!?!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Poor thing! that's gotta be hard. I'm glad things have gotten better for her and all of you. Welcome back to Washington! You are inspiring Marci.

Salisbury's said...

I am glad things are going better! Change is always hard even when it it good!! We miss you guys and I hope things continue to get better.