Here we are, finally leaving for San Diego. Our goal was to leave Saturday, but Kyle had to paint the house and that took him all day. We both stopped working around midnight. So we got up early Sunday morning which was Father's day and our Anniversary to get the van packed and to tie up loose ends around the house and we did not leave till around 2 p.m. UGH
(Kyle, the house looks good!)
You can't tell but everyone is in the van ready to go. The kids were out there all day so excited. They watch movie after movie that when it came time for us to leave...... yep, the battery was DEAD!

They were smiling now but I couldn't say that 5 minutes after the road trip began. They couldn't wait to get there.

This is Kade's "I'm watching a movie" face. Exasperated that we aren't there yet.

This is Kakes. She is cutting more molars and more I teeth and it was a nightmare trip for her.

We finally made it safely. That is the important thing. Kyle and I decided to drive all night long. We stopped at a rest area and slept for a couple of hours. I wanted to drive to 1.. give me something to do and 2.. to give Kyle a break. Every time, I got in to drive, Kakes would wake up and start crying. Let me just say that she definitely does not a have a soft cry. It is VERY VERY loud. Kyle would seriously be asleep for like 5 minutes and she just had radar. It was obvious that she would not let her daddy get some sleep. We had major road detours around Sacramento and that was kinda frustrating. We relied a lot on Kyle's GPS to get us around the detours and then it was cool because it took us around LA during rush hour so that we could avoid the red zones. Kyle and I were trying so hard not to have any expectations of our apartment. Last time were were down here we had a wonderful apartment and it was furnished very well. Needless to say, we were spoiled last time. We are just grateful to have this opportunity again so we were trying to just be grateful. When we got our apartment, we were pleasantly surprised. We would love to have our friends and family come and stay with us.
You can't tell but everyone is in the van ready to go. The kids were out there all day so excited. They watch movie after movie that when it came time for us to leave...... yep, the battery was DEAD!
They were smiling now but I couldn't say that 5 minutes after the road trip began. They couldn't wait to get there.
This is Kade's "I'm watching a movie" face. Exasperated that we aren't there yet.
This is Kakes. She is cutting more molars and more I teeth and it was a nightmare trip for her.
We finally made it safely. That is the important thing. Kyle and I decided to drive all night long. We stopped at a rest area and slept for a couple of hours. I wanted to drive to 1.. give me something to do and 2.. to give Kyle a break. Every time, I got in to drive, Kakes would wake up and start crying. Let me just say that she definitely does not a have a soft cry. It is VERY VERY loud. Kyle would seriously be asleep for like 5 minutes and she just had radar. It was obvious that she would not let her daddy get some sleep. We had major road detours around Sacramento and that was kinda frustrating. We relied a lot on Kyle's GPS to get us around the detours and then it was cool because it took us around LA during rush hour so that we could avoid the red zones. Kyle and I were trying so hard not to have any expectations of our apartment. Last time were were down here we had a wonderful apartment and it was furnished very well. Needless to say, we were spoiled last time. We are just grateful to have this opportunity again so we were trying to just be grateful. When we got our apartment, we were pleasantly surprised. We would love to have our friends and family come and stay with us.
This is our home for the next 6 months. It is a nice 2 bedroom 2 bathroom with an attached garage. We are so excited to have our van out of the sun. For the last 2 1/2 years, our garage has been full of tools for the remodeling of our home. We have been unable to park our vehicles inside till now. The truck is in our garage up in Washington and our van is out of the sun down here. Boy oh boy, the things I get excited over. Anyways, I am grateful for this chance. I desperately miss my friends, our ward and my home. However, I DO NOT MISS the clouds and the cooler weather. This is my kind of happiness down here. I love waking up not having to wonder what I need to wear. SHORTS, SHORTS, SHORTS! Yeah, baby!!
I would take a picture of the rooms but my kiddoes are asleep.



5 comments:
I'm so glad you made it there safely...sanity intact. We miss you already. Primary was strange without you and your kids there.
That looks like a great apartment...and I suppose I'm glad somebody is going to enjoy summertime.
Your apartment looks amazing! Are those granite countertops? Wow! You guys are going to have the best summer...I'm so jealous! When are you coming to Utah? We'd LOVE to see you!
I am so glad you made it safely to San Diego! Your Apartment is so cute! I am a little jealous of all the sun you are going to have there.
I am SOOOO jealous! We would be there right now too if we had stayed. That's a little hard for me to swallow right now. I would love to be in SD! Miss you guys!
I'm jealous and I miss you!! I hope you have fun, and I'm glad you got there safely!
Post a Comment