When I was carrying Kambri for 9 months, I had no idea that the layer of enamel didn't form, therefore causing severe damage to her pearly whites. Kyle's mom and dad flew in Wednesday night so that we could be at the hospital early the next morning. I waited 4 months for this day. We originally were going to do it down in San Diego, but it would have been around $3,000 out of pocket. We decided it would have been irresponsible to do that when we had a doctor up here that could do it and he was part of our insurance.
Well, starting around Monday, Kambri started getting a runny nose. I really didn't think much of it, then she started getting a cough.
Tuesday: It was a bad runny nose now and her cough sounded terrible. I was getting so nervous that the doctor would cancel her procedure. The anesthesiologist said that he couldn't do it if she was sick.
Wednesday: (day before procedure) Being the selfish being I am, I didn't want it to get post-poned so I called on friends and loved ones to pray. I am not kidding, I do not know how to put into words how sick my baby was. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us, I know he wants what is good for us. All I kept thinking was, my parents are flying in tonight and they are coming all this way for nothing. (I know that it's not for nothing because we would have had a wonderful time) but they were coming to help out with Ky and Kade.
Wednesday afternoon, after asking for the faith of our loved ones, I called the hospital to confess to the nurse that my baby is sick. She told us to still come in and the anesthesiologist would make the call. Also to add to my anxiety, Kambri was nursing all night long Monday and Tuesday and of course, she couldn't have anything to eat or drink after midnight on Wednesday and so I was nervous.
Making a short story long, but a very important one for me, on Thursday Kam's nose was completely dry and she did not cough at all. Heavenly Father answers prayers! He does! He cares for us all. He might make us sweat it out and challenge our faith, but nonetheless, our Father in Heaven ANSWERS prayers! Kambri did good. Her condition was a little worse than anticipated but all is well. She is bruised because they couldn't find her veins and they poked her more than we had liked. All is well! My baby is good and we are blessed to have prayers answered.
Little Kakes getting admitted.
Daddy with his precious babe in the room.
Tournament and building a dog house!
2 years ago



5 comments:
So sad to see your baby getting scrubs on, huh? I'm SO glad things well. I hope recovery is quick, too. Let me know if you need anything.
Wow, what a story! We're so glad that Kambri did well and is recovering. Your family is in our prayers.
So sad to see your kids have to go through that kind of stuff! I'm glad everything went well, though!
Oh she looks so sweet in that little chair. What a heart breaker! What was the procedure that she had to have done? Give her big hugs and squeezes for us!
Oh poor little girl. I am glad things worked out and I hope all is well in her recovery.
Post a Comment