Friday, December 12, 2008

I am Humbled


I have a little girl over here at our house for a playdate with Kyla. Her name is Lauren and she is a sweetheart. I am speculating, but she seems like she might not have a very good home. She is laying on our couch right now with a 101 fever. At first she did not want to eat any of her pizza and then she didn't want any popcorn with the movie. You might be thinking, so what..... all day long she has been looking forward to this and saying that she was so excited. Well, we start the movie and she lays on the couch and falls asleep and is snoring so loud. My heart is just breaking for her. Any way, after a while I ask her what she asked Santa for and she said, in order, "socks, clothes, shoes and underwear". She said that she runs out of underwear and has to wear the same ones over. My heart just broke thinking here is a sweet little girl and she is asking Santa for necessities and my children are spoiled and asking for every single toy under the sun. Not once did she say a toy. I am thankful for our circumstances but I have been humbled.
I wish all of you could meet this little angel. I am so grateful for this girl who has touched my life. These little kids don't get to choose their circumstances, and yet she is just so cute. It is chilly outside, she has a fever and she won't even wear Kyla's sweatshirt. Maybe we all can pray for our little Lauren this Christmas.

1 comments:

Melissa and Nate said...

Hey! Can I get your address? I'm sending out Christmas cards and only have your Washington address! Thanks!